The company Bed Bath and Beyond was founded in 1971 by Warren Einsberg and Leonard Feinstein, as a chain of domestic merchandise retail store, mostly selling bathroom, bedroom, kitchen, and dining room goods and supplies. The first store was established in New Jersey, U.S.A. They were operating 17 stores by the time it was 1985. A survey held in 2011 showed that Bed, Bath and Beyond Inc. has 1000+ stores all over the world with a net income of 989 million dollars and a total of 48,000 employees working at the stores. The company is famous for running advertisements through bed bath and beyond coupons.
Listed below are some points about the Bed Bath and Beyond printable coupon that should be taken into account while analyzing it:
- Layout is particularly important while making coupons. However, it seems it has not been taken care much about here. The border of the coupon is not aligned properly, hence giving it an untidy look. Moreover, the font of the description at the bottom is rather small, making it difficult to read for the buyer. Since the border is ill-suited for this coupon, it is suggested to remove the border, thus making more room for the description, or better still, to use one that doesn’t cover a lot of space and can be aligned perfectly.
- Talking further about the layout, the bar code on the far right side of the coupon cannot be ignored. Instead of being vertical, it might have looked neater if it was horizontal.
- The coupon writer has written “20%” in a huge font in red colored ink, which really looks attractive. Not only this, he’s really outdone himself by writing the “off” with blue ink that matches the ink of “Bed, Bath and Beyond’’ in the centre. Red and blue color combinations usually give a beautiful contrast which is sure to draw more attention.
- The punch line “Beyond any store of its kind” below the main Bed, Bath and Beyond logo can attract many customers due to its tempting nature. The customers think that by buying from this particular store they may get something others won’t. To desire for something others don’t have is in human nature and this nature has been tactfully exploited here.
- The writer has put “Beyond” in bold. Whoever reads the coupon is bound to look at it first because of its vivid quality. The word “beyond” is rather intriguing as in a way it suggests that the company has many wonderful items in store, and that they need to go beyond their usual shopping places to find them. The “20%” written on the right adds more to the interest of the people.
- As discussed earlier, the colors blue and red blend in beautifully and when used separately with white, the impact is maximized. The white background of the coupon plays a very important role since it makes the other colors stand out and give the coupon a flashy look.
- One major flaw in the coupon is that the coupon writer has not written any expiry date on the coupon or when the validity of the coupon is bound to finish. This may lead to problems for the customers that eventually may result in losing them.
- In the center, the coupon designer has printed some limitations, in bold blue font, for the coupon users. They can only use the coupon inside the Bed, Bath and Beyond store hence ruling out any occasion of online shopping.
Overall, bed bath and beyond 20 off coupons are satisfactory, but keeping the customer’s interest in view, a little more effort put in the layout and designing could make it beyond effective.